The first batch turned out great! The melted just right and look spectacular! So much so that I decided I would make another one. This one didn't work out quite as well. The oven was just as hot as it was last time, they were set up the same as last time, but for some reason, they would not melt right. When I checked on them at the time they should have been done and checked one to make sure, the chocolate just cracked and the carmel spilled out. Bummer. So I put them back in. A few minutes later I go back to check again, with the same results. Double bummer! Frustrated, I turn the heat up by a miniscule amount (just enough to make myself feel like I had done some thing) and return the pan. Now, maybe what follows could have been prevented if I had been keeping a closer eye on the candy. Maybe not. While I am sitting with Nik watching TV I suddenly realize that I smell something a little burn-y coming from the kitchen. Shoot! I race to the oven and grab my pan out (safely of course) only to find that I am too late. Every one has melted to the point of pecans sliding off and caramel oozing all over the pan. I am crestfallen. I just ruined all these candies! I let them cool on the pan and later that night I pulled one off to try. Surprisingly, not bad. I can taste a slightly "dark" essence in the caramel, but other than that, no harm done. They do not look pretty, but hey, beauty is only skin deep.
So I put them on the bottom of the bags I have given out. This allows me to give out way more than if I had scrapped that pan. Plus, I can just eat any left overs. That is the best part.
Ok, I have to go to Tithing Settlement now.