Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I'm Back!

Well, at least for a minute. When I am not at home, with access to a computer, I have lots of good blog ideas. But then they go right out the window. That would be why I have not blogged in a long time. I finally got some time to catch up on some blogs, and I came across this post from my friend Annie, and I liked it so much, I thought I would give it a shot too! So without further ado,

What's In Your Wallet? (haha, I stole the title too, Annie!!)


1: My purse. I got it for my birthday from my mother-in-law, and I love it! It is the second purse she has got for me, and she is two for two. The only thing I would change is longer straps. I like to hang my purse cross-body. So I don't have to keep a hand on it. Other than that. Perfection.

2: Lotion. The big one is a travel container from Walmart, and I refill it with my favorite lotion from home, Vaseline intensive rescue moisture (sorry Steph) locking lotion, unscented. Then I add a couple squirts of a good scented lotion. Making it smell good, without being over powering. I have this with me all the time. Its essential. The little one is a sample from Mary Kay Romance, that does not exist anymore :(

3: Gum. Orbit Spearmint. Also essential. Though the flavor is not set in stone.

4: Rolaids. I actually don't really need these anymore, but for some reason, they are still there.

5: The Little Green Machine. I love my iPod. I hope it lasts forever. Oh yeah, the red and white Skull Candy headphones that I got for Nik for Valentines. Now they are mine. Hope he's ok with that.

6: Mary Kay oil reducing sheets. I really love these. My skin started getting very oily at the end of the day again, so I dug them out. Very useful.

7: The inconspicuous box of "mints". That is really filled with medication. Mostly advil and tylonol. But it changes depending on what I am suffering from. I got the mints at Cracker Barrel a long time ago, and the tin was just the right size to keep around.

8: Thumb drive. I don't use them as much as I did in school, but I still like to have one around.

9: Green marker. Left over from when I helped Jeff with his school posters. I actually did not use the marker, but once again, still in there.

10: "Get Lucky!" coins. You heard me.

11: Lip stick collection. I have several shades of MK lip stuff that I really like....when I put Bath and Body Works lip gloss over the top. So I always have at least 2 lip options in my purse, plus a regular chap stick in my pants pocket.

12: Coupons from Smiths. I keep forgetting I have them.

13: WALLET!!! I love my wallet. I got it on clearance at Torrid.com and it just may be the best purchase I have ever made. Its got zippers!! Did you hear that? ZIPPERS!! It goes great with my zipper shoes.

14: (Whew, narrowly avoided that 13 thing Annie) My "Organizational Tools". A small day-to-day planner with pen, and an even smaller composition notebook. They help me keep my life in order.

Well, there it is. I have to say, it is not as much as I thought it would be. But I should mention that my purse is divided into three segments. Two on the sides with snap closures and one in the middle with a zipper. The zipper one has a smaller zipper pocket where I keep my cash, hand sanitizer, and "various unmentionable feminine products". And that small pocket on the front that you can see there, that is where the lip stuff is kept. Also my phone when its not in my pocket.

So, anyone else want to share what's in their purse? Feel free to copy the post, or just leave a comment! Hopefully this will not be the last time I am on!

6 comments:

Vivian said...

my purse has a whole lot of grocery receipts in the bottom. That's about it right now because I've switched back to the ever so glamorous diaper bag... boo.

Vivian said...

(now you have two comments!)

Unknown said...

And I'll leave number three! I miss your blog when you don't write... please keep entertaining me!

~*Felts~* said...

Four! When I read this I considered doing it, but since my purse is a diaper bag it would be super boring. Loving! Your purse by the way.

Unknown said...

Comment comment comment!!!
I should totally do this on mine. It would take too long.

Jessica said...

I LOVE the Vaseline lotion too. It's essential. My purse is pretty boring. Wallet, planner, Carmex, camera, my work badge (if I'm not at work), and usually a coupon or two I'm waiting to use. The newest addition during pregnancy has been Tums. I NEVER go anywhere without my Tums.