Thursday, May 06, 2010

Sick

And it starts.  I officially have a cold.  I generally don't get sick that often (well, the REAL kind of sick, not the "Lena has anxiety" kind of sick), so when it actually fleshes out into feeling like crap, it hits me hard.  This one was weird though.  Usually, when I am getting a cold, I start with 3 days of progressively worsening sore throat, then congestion, then cough, then everything goes away except the cough which sticks around for about 2 more weeks.  This one started with just one day of a very mild sore throat, then a runny nose, then congestion starting while I was sleeping.  All in just 2 days.  So, I might be just speeding through this one, and I will be done in another days, or this could be a whole different can of worms.  Just as long as it is gone before my scan.  I just don't want to deal with that.
 
With all that in mind.  I have been struggling in getting to the gym once a week, as per my New Year's Resolution.  I did great for about two months, then it tapered off.  I really need to get back into the habit, cause I can really see that I would have been one that struggled with weight my whole life, if circumstances were not what they were.  I can't let this get out of hand.  Luckily Mom has a gym membership with me, so hopefully we can motivate each other.  I do much better when I have some one to go with.  Also, because of the weight gain, none of my summer clothes from last year fit.  Not the pants, not the shirts, not the swim suits.  Nothing.  Those who know me will know that I like my clothing on the snug side, or at least close fitting.  That makes for very little wiggle room in the wardrobe department.  Which means that I need a whole new summer wardrobe!  I will do it slowly, so that by the middle of the summer, I have enough clothes to last.  And my meager selection will not be hard to replace.  I feel like I wear the same 5 shirts every week to work anyway. 

1 comment:

Vivian said...

We all have stuffy noses over here too. And if you want, I just found out that my stake has women's pick up basketball every tuesday night. I went last week and it was fun! I'm going to try my best to work it in each week.