* "See You Again" by Mylie Cyrus. Now, I originally could not stand Mylie or her alter-ego Hannah. But we changed radio stations at work and they play this new song. And now I am hooked. Here are some choice lyrics from the song
"The last time I freaked out, I just kept looking down, I st-st-stuttered when you ask me what I'm thinkin' 'bout. Like I couldn't breathe, you ask what's wrong with me. My best friend Leslie said, 'Oh she's just being Mylie'. The next time we hang out, I will redeem myself. My heart, it can't rest till then. Whoa-oh I, I can't wait, to see you again."
* "Handlebars" by Flobots. This song is weird. Ok, just weird. Amy says it is a throw back to Eminem, but it doesn't swear. So there you go. It is very laid back, and the rhythm is very simple. I urge you all to check it out on YouTube. I would have you linked here, but since I am at work and work as banned YouTube, you are on your own.
* Most people know this one, but I am addicted to the Food Network. Good Eats, Iron Chef America, Unwrapped, The Next Food Network Star, Guy's Big Bite, Diner's Drive-in's and Dive's, Throwdown, etc. There is rarely a show I do not want to watch. I don't know if it makes it better or worse that I do not cook in my every day life. Periodically Nik and I will come across something we really want to cook, and it has gotten better since we got the grill, but usually it is cold cereal and frozen dinners for us. But I really do know how to cook. I get the techniques, and whatever. I just don't really like to do it. Maybe that will change when I have kids and I HAVE to feed them and I am not running home from work just to eat something unhealthy just in time to not make anything real for dinner.
* America's Next Top Model. I don't know what it is about this show, but I am hooked. I WANT to know what those 95lb 18 year olds are going to do to each other next. Maybe it is more morbid fascination, but either way, CW has my viewership. Sometimes I think I could get the same satisfaction by watching The Hills, but I just can't bring myself to actually watch that one.
* One Tree Hill. I am still not sure why I am so into this show. It is just 28 year olds playing 21 year olds in a world that doesn't exist. Allow me to demonstrate. The season finale went a little like this:
Luke: "I hate you Peyton, even though I did propose to you, I want Lindsey, who just left me at the alter because she says I still love you, back."
Brooke: "Don't take my almost foster baby with a bad heart who just had surgery back to Mexico yet, I haven't had time to use her to get a man!"
Nathan: "I don't care if my father Dan is dying, I will not let it stand in the way of what I am not calling a basketball comeback"
Haylee: "Nathan, as my husband and the father of our 4 year old (do the math) I insist you do something you like so that you will get out of the house so that I can do something I like."
Peyton: "Fine, I love Lucas, but I am not going to get in the way of him Linsdey. I will just tell him I still love him and let him decide. That is big of me isn't it?"
Ok, thats not even all the characters, but at the end of the episode, you really want to know who Lucas called while at the airport! Is it Brooke, Lindsey, or Peyton?
Wow, I am starting to sound pathetic. I will stop now. But I would love to hear what your guilty pleasures are....
Saturday, June 07, 2008
We all have them. Things we don't tell our friends or family that we do, or watch, or read, or think about. He are mine: