Monday, June 29, 2009

UAF (continued)


No real pictures from this trip, but it was a blast none the less.


Mom, dad, me and Nik took the journey down town for the Utah Arts Festival on Saturday. It was so much fun!! I love going to this every year, and I could totally go every day and just keep looking at all the fun stuff. I would probably talk myself out of a lot of money if I did though, so I limit it to one visit a year. I always want to buy something. And I feel a little jipped if I don't come away with a souvenir, so, thank you to the kids Art Garden where we made free 'birds on a steeek' so I could feel like I got something. Nik even made me a pipe cleaner butterfly that I love. It is in my purse.

Dad bought this great air brushed picture set of the famous jazz musician Miles Davis. He loves Miles. The artist was amazing. If you are familiar with masking (using a barrier like a stencil to make clean edges), he made 3 or 4 color pictures of celebrities using spray paint. We spent the longest time looking at those. I would have loved to have at least 3 of them. Nik found Frank Sinatra with the Rat Pack, Dave Matthews, and Bruce Lee. They were really amazing.

I saw lots of stained glass too. I always look at that stuff and think "I could totally do that if I had the space!!" And I could! But right now, space is not the only problem. I have been offered the use of several spaces if I wanted too, but with working full time, and feeling like crap half the time, it just isn't working out. I need to come up with a project I am passionate about, something that will seem worth it to get off the couch and do, even if I am not feeling my best. That would be great.

Has anyone else been to the Festival?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was fun to go with you guys. I'm glad you are always willing to go. You'll feel good enough to do your stained glass soon.