Thursday, September 17, 2009

Homemade Ice Cream

(doesn't this look amazing? I should not have picked such an appetizing photo...)

I really wish I had pictures, cause it was a rockin' good time.


Last night was Enrichment Night and we made ice cream. I LOVE homemade ice cream. This was right up my alley. I invited my mom to come with me and she did! Have to say I was a little surprised she came. Sometimes dad doesn't let her out of the house after dark :) Kidding!!


Anyway, we played some ice cream related games, and found out some very cool ice cream trivia, then, finally, we made the ice cream. I am sure some of you have done this (or something similar) before, but I never tire of it. We mixed our ingredients in a small ziploc bag and taped the top to prevent serious leaks, then put that bag in a gallon sized one with some ice and rock salt and started mixing. Talina and I shared a big bag and found out that it is harder to freeze two at once. But it worked out eventually and I was impressed with our ice creaming skills. I ate most of it, I hope that was ok Talina. I still have the other bag in my freezer at home, if you want to come have some more tonight.


I really love my ward, and the ladies are especially great. I am so happy when I get to go to enrichment and talk to all my friends. Thanks mom, for coming and meeting everyone! I hope you had fun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the invitation! I love ice cream.