Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby!!

I was not going to post while at work, cause I don't have any pictures of Nik, but since it is looking like there will be no extra time tonight, here it is. You will all be lucky if I remember to get a picture up here later.

I love Nik. He is perfect for me. He has such an imagination...I just can't fathom how he comes up with some of the stuff we talk about. He is a romantic at heart. I sometimes think it is wasted on me, cause I am usually not. But I always appreciate that he was thinking enough of me to do whatever he did. Make sense? I thought so.

Nik has been especially wonderful during the last 7 months. He can practically read my mind now. When I was home on the couch, and I said "Nik?" He always knew what I wanted before I said it. He is amazing.

He is an amazing Uncle. I have never seen anyone interact with kids the way he does. We like to joke that it is because he is right on their level, but in truth, that is not a bad thing. He always knows what kind of playing the kids need: wrestling, cuddling, reading, make-believe...and he does it all. I would be more upset that he is preferred over me, but I just like to watch them all play. It's hard to be mad :)

He tells me he loves me all the time. And I love it. He always tells me that I am beautiful, and likes to point out when I am wearing his favorite shirt. Even when I don't feel like I am pretty, he assures me that I am. Its good for the ego.

He smells amazing. Don't laugh! It's a big deal! And he actually smells better at the end of the day, than at the beginning. I often find myself nudging closer to him on the couch, just so I can smell him. Or sleeping on his pillow when he is gone. I'm not the only one who thinks so either! Little Abigail will agree with me. Huh, Abigail!

This is just a small list of the reasons I love Nik so much. I am so happy that he chose me to spend the rest of eternity with. It will be an adventure.



Always.

2 comments:

Nik English said...

Para Siempre

Laurie said...

You are a perfect match. I am so very extremely happy that you and Nik found each other. I hope his birthday was fantastic. Love you guys