Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas!!

Merry (late) Christmas to all my friends, family, and blog stalkers! I have not down loaded my camera yet, so you will have to wait for the pictures of me in my glasses with my hair sticking up on one side. Suspense.

We started our morning early(ier than I wanted to) and got our gifts exchanged. Nik gave me 3 CD's (Sarah Berellis, The Killers and Fall Out Boy), The new Viva Pinata: Trouble on Pinata Island (or something like that) and a beautiful black pea coat that I love! It was definitely the hit of the day. I got Nik 2 CD's (Thriving Ivory and Paramour), The Dark Knight, Wall-E, a motorized pumpkin carving device, and tickets to 5 Utah Utes Basketball games (come to find out one of the games was on the 20th of December, so we obviously missed it. I need to see if they will switch it for me). The tickets were the hit for Nik. I am glad he liked it.

After gifts we hurried and dressed so we could get to breakfast at my parents house. Traditional blueberry muffins and hash browns. Mom made eggs for everyone else, but I just ate my weight in muffins. My brother (and me and Nik) got mom a Wii Fit, so Mason and Nik spent the morning making fools of themselves on the balance board. It was great to watch. Nik says he wants one now.

The fam was off to St. George early, so we took off to Jeanne's for Nik's family Christmas. It was a fun gathering, and only marginally chaotic with all the little chillin's. We were not prepared to exchange gifts with the siblings, so sadly we did not have a gift for Lou and Ten. But we made it up to them last night. And I think we were a hit! Anyway, Al gave us all these really cool hand made pottery salt dishes. Very chic. Jeanne gave her kids their childhood stockings filled with goodies, and a little clamp lamp. I was given the 7th season of Gilmore Girls (completed my collection) by Amy, and Nik got the new Die Hard and Young Frankenstein.

We had left over clam chowder and crackers for lunch (don't mock it, it was amazing chowder). Nik and I had to take off shortly after lunch due to a bunch more pieces to solder and needing to pack for our trip to St. George that night (more on that later).

I will admit that by the time we got home it did not feel like Christmas anymore. It was bleak and rainy and I was tired and stressed. We had so much left to do and such a little amount of time in which to do it. When I look back, it was a great day. We saw a ton of family, a few friends, and a lot of each other. I am glad we got to share the holiday with the people we loved.



Merry Christmas!!!

4 comments:

Nik English said...

Merry Xmas Sweetie!

Talina said...

Yay for your Gilmore Girls collection being complete! I just found out that the seasons are only $15 now on Walmart.com and amazon.com so I am trying to get David to spread the word to all interested friends and family that I wouldn't mind getting seasons 1, 2, 4 and/or 5 for my birthday but he's not very good at it. Think maybe YOU could start hinting to my loved ones? I'd appreciate it.

Jessica said...

I'm glad you guys had a great day! Sounds like fun.

Vee said...

Hey!
I'm glad you mentioned x-mas bc I thought you would thoroughly enjoy this song that Jason Mraz made for the holidays. Its all homemade like!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz31rARFMA0

(don't worry this link is safe)