Tuesday, October 06, 2009

New Moon Wishes, A year later

This has nothing to do with Twilight.




If you aren't familiar, the moon is considered "new" when it is not visible in the sky. It happens about 2 weeks after the full moon.

This is important in many aspects of astrology and brings with it a lot of exceptions for a new start. It would make sense that if you are waiting to make a big change in your life (or even a small change) that you would coordinate it with the new moon. And because of that, every month my mother-in-law brings us some information about what makes each particular month different. It depends on which astrological sign it happens in and such. You use this information to plan out your 10 New Moon Wishes. These are aspirations that are carefully worded to insure good and positive things happen during this moon cycle. Here are some examples:

* I want to easily find myself filled with love and compassion for....
* I want to find any misplaced or unnecessary feelings towards ___ taken from me....
* I want to easily attract and befriend those who can...


Get it?


Ok, so here's the reason for the post. The new moon is coming up soon and I have been neglecting writing my wishes for quite some time. The first time I was given the information, I wrote my list and didn't know what to do with it, so I folded it up and put it in my wallet. And forgot about it. I think I thought it was something else, cause I have cleaned out my wallet quite a few times since then...anyway, today I found the list and it is dated 9-28-08. A whole year ago! So, I know what you are all asking, "Well, did you fulfill your wishes?" And I am here to tell you that I did! Well, at least some of them. I wrote down 8 wishes and about 6 of them are at least mostly fulfilled. One was health related, two were about me and Nik, one was about money, and the rest were just about me and my life.

I like this idea cause it goes right along with my new goal to only put positive vibes out into the universe. I guess its like Karma, you get what you give. If I put positive thoughts out, I will get goodness back to me. Now, I know I can't be Little Miss Sunshine all the live long day, but I will do my best to speak well of people, especially myself, my situation, and everything I have power over.

If you feel so inclined, please join me this month and write your own New Moon Wishes!

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I will be joining you with my wishes. Positive thinking ROCKS!