With the bombardment of Christmas music around me all day, I have come to some serious conclusions about my taste in said music.
I hear some pretty crap-tacular stuff on my work radio and some slightly better stuff in my car. Here is a small breakdown of what I like and what makes me want to shoot myself.
* Angels We Have Heard On High
* I Heard the Bells
* Hark the Herald Angles Sing
Traditional (ones I grew-up listening to):
* Santa Clause is Coming to Town
* 2000 Miles (The Pretenders)
Non-Traditional (been around for a while, but not "old")
* Last Christmas (Jimmy Eat World version)
* Jingle Bell Rock (not really picky here)
* Winter Wonderland (Jason Mraz version)
* Any version of The Christmas Song (you know, "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...)
* Any artist that sings a gender-based Christmas song, and is the wrong gender. Example: Santa Baby being sung by a man. Trust me. It's been done.
* Anything over played. Even my favorite songs can be ruined by over exposure. Example: Owl City
* Taylor Swift. Sorry Mason, that's just the way it is.
* Unknown Boy Bands that sing unknown Christmas songs "with feeling"
* Anything by a Crooner that is techno-mixed with a current artist. No. Just....no.
So there it is.
I would like to know what your favorite songs are. Or even more, which ones induce seizures.