Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Stupid Vault Door

So, I did it again. I bent my wedding ring in the vault door at work. The first door has these two grooves that my ring gets caught in a lot. This is only the second time it has actually bent it, but man, I am so mad. Last time it was so mutilated I could not even wear it. This time is not as bad, I am still wearing it, but I can tell its bent.

For those of you unfamiliar with my wedding ring (so, like, most of you), the engagement ring fits into a slide on the wedding band (see image) and it is that track that gets caught in the door. Oh, and by the way, it hurts when it bends. It kind of wrenches my finger and bruises for a couple hours.

Anyway, the reason it is such a bummer, is that we take my ring to a little company in St. George because that is where I got it. And I was just down there a couple weeks ago, and don't anticipate going again for months. And my grandma doesn't even work there any more, so I can't just send it down to her to fix. Darn.







Hey family, you sure you don't have another trip planned soon?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm headed down the first weekend in March if you can hang on that long.

Unknown said...

shoot i'm sorry girl, that is so frustrating!

Laurie said...

Frustrating and you ring as always is so beautiful

A Sweater Friend said...

Our vault door has all these weird hand prints all over it.

I think ghost are always trying to steel our monies.