Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Murder Mystery Fun



Friday night Nik and I were lucky to go to the Murder Mystery at Castle of Chaos. I have been dying to see this for months and wanted to get a big group together to come, but alas, it did not work out and it was only with much persuasion that I convinced Nik to come with me on the second to last night it was performed.

The story was that the current king had killed the rightful ruler and family and took the throne for himself (and he is poisoned at the very beginning). His daughter was being forced to marry one of his evil henchmen and there was a "Robin Hood" type guy that was trying to restore order. Ok, that was a really bad synopsis, but the gist of it is from the movie "Court Jester" with Danny Kaye. Which is a great movie for all who have not seen it. Good stuff. Anyway...

I had heard that this was like an interactive game of Clue, but I still didn't know what do expect. It turned out that we had to search the "castle" for "weapons", "gold" and other objects that might aid us in finding out who killed the king. We had to talk to the actor actors and fulfill missions to get the information we needed. At first I was wary because I am not good at the Role Playing thing (no comments) and I did not want to get into my character. But after a few minutes of watching the other players (about 16 of us in all) and watching Nik, I was more into it and we had a good time.

We had 80 minutes total and the time ended way too fast. When it came time to decide who did it I was still baffled. Nik chose one guy and told me to choose his wife, but I was unsure. So I picked some guy I had not talked to in hopes that I had missed something. But...Alas! I should have listened to Nik! It was the wife! Oh well, I should have known. She had the poison and she would want the other king dead, that would make her husband the new king. Dang!

The murder mysteries start up again in November, after the Haunter House season is over, so anyone interested in going with us, we are itching to go again!

7 comments:

Nik English said...

IT WAS THE QUEEN SHE DID IT!!!

Vee said...

wow that sounds neato- I've heard about them before. Thanks for the review so if I ever do go I can at least know what i'm in for!

Laurie said...

Sounds like a blast. I am so glad you got to go. Clue is one of your favorite games. Good job dragging Nik to it. I bet he loved it in the end

Audrey said...

I've never even heard of this going on! I wondered what they did with the building the other 11 months of the year!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun!

Unknown said...

Wow! Way to go Nik!

Anonymous said...

How Cool . . . Nik always has good intuition we should know by now to always listen to him. Lena this is a great post thanks for sharing.