Friday, August 01, 2008

Happy Birthday Molly!



Happy 60th birthday to my second mom, Molly F*!

When my family moved into the house they are in now, Molly and kids were the first to greet us. She was quick to point out that she had a son my age (only older by 2 weeks) and a daughter a couple years younger (2 years and 2 days younger. We thought that was cool). I was instantly friends with her daughter, Rachel, and usually annoyed with her son, Donny. Who would have guessed that long after Rachel and I parted ways, I would still be good friends with Donny?

Molly is a great baker. If she borrows a dish of any kind, it comes back full of something homemade and delicious. My favorite are her cinnamon rolls. I remember eating the divinity that did not set up properly (it still tasted fine!) and listening to her tell the story of the little village when making bread.

I still feel like family when I am in her house, and I love to just sit and talk to her. Happy Birthday Molly!

ps-mom, if you have a picture of Molly, please email it to me!

2 comments:

Nik English said...

YEAH MOLLY! We love you!

Unknown said...

I still need to learn the "Dam" story! We all love Molly!