Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day 4: At the beach

I had all but given up hope of being able to get near the water on this trip when low and behold there was a beach right across the street from the MoSaI. It was a little chilly that day, and pretty blustery (they weren't kidding about that wind) so there was no swimming, and I kept my jacket pulled tight around me, but it was great to be there. Here is what Nik thought of it:


Pretty with the clouds and everything.

We went to this restaurant near by called The Medici. It was in a travel book for suggested places, so I thought we'd give it a try. It was one of those artsy/moody places where you find out that artists, poets, and revolutionaries used to hang out. Atmosphere to spare. It was a fun little place lit by tiny votive candles. They had amazing onion rings and shakes. We were both a little underwhelmed with the main courses, but the price was right.
Nik looked at me like this a lot.
And I looked at him like this right back.
(love the hair, right?)

1 comment:

Nik English said...

hahahaha I am looking at you like that right now!!